An alumnae of Goldsmiths, University London, DJ Goldierocks said, “Get an Oyster Card as soon as you land in London. It definitely helps you to save a lot on transportation cost. Also, take the bus when you travel in London as this is the best way to understand the city. More importantly, embrace independence! There are lots of awesome things to do in the UK. You can explore the food markets and restaurants, or buy vintage clothes at the boutiques during the weekends. I can spend all day eating at Borough Market!”
DJ Goldierocks also shared her “must-go” places in the UK with students from Malaysia.
1. Bestival Festival, Isle of Wight
2. Gordon’s Wine Bar, London
3. Greenwich, South London“Greenwich is a very beautiful and magical place for ice-skating during Christmas with the Christmas carols playing surrounding the open-air ice rink.” DJ Goldierocks added, “One secret tip: Take the Thames Clippers Boat from Greenwich and you can have all the beautiful sight-seeing including the Tower of London and London Eye along the Thames River all the way to Chelsea and West London for just around £10!”
4. Roundhouse, London“Roundhouse in Camden is my favourite place for live music. It is an arts venue and they have incredible theatre, dance, and live music. You will be impressed by the atmosphere.”
5. Abersoch, North Wales“Abersoch is my favourite seaside in the whole of UK. It is really far but Abersoch offers spectacular views from the beach. If you want to plan a short getaway with your friends during term break, this is the best place for picnic, surfing, or flying a kite. Definitely worth a visit!”
Travelling within the UK needs not be expensive. Malaysian students can now travel on British Airways’ World Traveller economy class and enjoy multiple benefits plus a free onward connection from London to one additional city within the UK or Europe.* Other great benefits including the double baggage allowance of up to 46kg per person and the flexibility to change travel dates at no cost.
Students can also take advantage of British Airways’ Fly and Rail Package, which lets them go the extra mile with just one itinerary. After landing in London Heathrow Terminal 5, students who have booked this package can continue their journey to Paddington station on Heathrow Express. From there, they can travel to one of the stops on the Great Western Railway, namely Bath, Bristol Parkway, Bristol Temple Meads, Cardiff, Exeter, Plymouth, Oxford, Par, Penzance, St Austell and Swansea. This is truly a seamless and stress-free package for students who need to make onward connections to any of these 11 destinations.
Terms and conditions:
- Student fares are available from BA-appointed travel partners only.
- Additional UK and European cities applicable to selected destinations*.
- Offer cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts.
- Other terms and conditions apply.
About British AirwaysBritish Airways' route network currently serves more than 190 destinations in 80 countries. British Airways currently operates one daily non-stop flight between Kuala Lumpur and London with the most technologically advanced Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. British Airways is the only carrier to offer a four-class configured aircraft on the route.
The airline operates from the award-winning London Heathrow Terminal 5. Exclusive to customers of British Airways and its sister airline Iberia, Terminal 5 can handle 30 million customers a year. In March 2016, Terminal 5 was named by Skytrax as the Best Airport Terminal for the fifth year running. London Heathrow also won the Best Airport Shopping award in the same year.
In October 2016, at the Business Traveller Awards, British Airways was awarded the Best Short-Haul Carrier and its frequent flyer programme, Executive Club was awarded the Best Frequent Flyer Programme for the 11th consecutive year. British Airways’ Concorde Room at London Heathrow Terminal 5 was awarded Best Airport Lounge. The oneworld alliance, of which British Airways was a founding airline, came in first in the Best Airline Alliance category for the fourth year running.
In February 2016, British Airways was named the top Business and Consumer Superbrand at the Superbrands 2016 Awards, becoming the first brand to win both prestigious titles two years in a row.