British Airways Offers Tops Tips for Students from Malaysia Studying AbroadBritish Airways’ top tips and special benefits for students studying in the UK
KUALA LUMPUR, 14 July 2016 – As hundreds of Malaysian students gear up for what may be their first semester abroad, many face the daunting challenge of excelling in their studies while also trying to settle in to a foreign environment. To put their minds at ease, British Airways shares some top tips, as advised by returning students, with those who are about to embark on their own journeys to the UK.
Vivian Tan-Loh, British Airways country manager for Malaysia, said, “The UK is home to many of the world’s leading schools and universities and has always been considered the most prestigious destination for Malaysian students. British Airways is proud to continue its long-standing tradition of supporting students from Malaysia in providing them with insights on what to expect when abroad and with many generous benefits that cater to their needs.”
- Prepare a checklist – Before departure, you and your parents can be overwhelmed with excitement (or anxiety!) and forget to pack all the essential items. Students should prepare a checklist well in advance in order to ensure their parents don’t need to arrange last-minute shipments of socks, chargers or their favourite snacks from home! British Airways’ student fares offer generous double baggage allowance of up to 46kg which allows you to carry more academic and personal supplies on their journeys.
- Bring a hoodie – The UK is known for its unpredictable weather. A hoodie is an all-round solution that will keep one dry from the drizzle and warm from the chilly mornings and evenings. Remember, if you are flying British Airways, that extra hoodie would not be an issue with the generous baggage allowance.
- Try local delights – Contrary to its reputation, the UK is home to a number of culinary delights. All students love fish and chips, but Malaysian students should also be adventurous and try the many local delights – full English breakfasts, beef pies, Welsh cakes, Cornish pasties and black pudding – as part of their taste of the UK experience!
- Learn how to cook – Knowing how to cook isn’t just a useful life skill; cooking and dining together are the best times to bond with new friends, not to mention a great way to learn about different cultures.
- Be outgoing – The easiest way to meet new people, learn new things and get familiar with new environments is to join different kinds of trips and group activities. Do you know that your British Airways’ ticket includes an onward connection to one additional selected city in the UK or Europe* at no extra cost? Please contact your local travel agents for more details.
British Airways operates a daily flight from Kuala Lumpur to London. Students who are studying in other UK cities such as Manchester, Leeds, Edinburgh and Glasgow can make easy connections at award-winning London Heathrow Terminal 5.
Additionally, students can also take advantage of British Airways’ Fly and Rail Package which enables them to go the extra mile with just one itinerary. Students can hop on the Heathrow Express from London Heathrow to the Paddington station, and from there to one of the First Great Western train stations, namely Bath, Bristol Parkway, Bristol Temple Meads, Cardiff, Exeter, Plymouth, Oxford, Par, Penzance, St Austell and Swansea.
Terms and conditions:
- Student fares are available from BA-appointed travel partners only
- Additional UK and European cities applicable to selected destinations*
- Offer cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts.
- Other terms and conditions apply.
About British AirwaysBritish Airways' route network currently serves more than 200 destinations in 75 countries. British Airways currently operates one daily non-stop flight between Kuala Lumpur and London, it is also the only carrier to offer a four-class cabin configuration on the route.
The airline operates from the state-of-the-art London Heathrow Terminal 5, which is exclusive to British Airways’ and Iberia’s customers and is capable of handling 30 million customers a year. In March 2016, Terminal 5 was named by Skytrax as the Best Airport Terminal for the fifth year running. London Heathrow also won the Best Airport Shopping award.
In September 2015, World Traveller Plus, the premium economy cabin available on selected long-haul routes, was awarded the Best Premium Economy by Business Traveller Asia-Pacific. In October 2015, British Airways and its frequent flyer programme, Executive Club, was awarded the Best Short-Haul Airline and Best Frequent Flyer Programme by Business Traveller for the 10th consecutive year. The oneworld alliance, of which British Airways was a founding airline, came first in the Best Alliance category for the third year running.
In February 2016, British Airways was named the top Business and Consumer Superbrand at the Superbrands 2016 Awards, becoming the first brand to win both prestigious titles two years in a row.