Chris Frankland (Principal of Matrix International School) says: “This is a very exciting initiative, which forges strong ties between our new schools here in Seremban, and a long-established, highly successful and acclaimed school in the United Kingdom. I am delighted that this tie is taking place; I see many opportunities which will surely benefit both schools, and look forward to a long, close and productive relationship, which will ultimately benefit the students and teachers, both in Malaysia and in the UK.
- Currently under construction in the new township of Bandar Sri Sendayan, Negeri Sembilan
- Due for completion in July/August 2014
- 20 acre campus with state of the art facilities, rivalling any school in Malaysia
- Private and International Schools linked by a bridge. Sharing a common culture, common facilities, common vision and mission
- “Soft opening” Summer Camp for intending students and students on school holidays, from September to December
- International School to follow Cambridge UK curriculum. Private School to follow Malaysian curriculum.
- Both schools fully open and operational January 2015. Total capacity 2000 students.
- Residential Court will accommodate up to 440 students and 24 staff
- Established in 1884.
- Recognised as one of the best-performing schools in the UK.
- Located in rural surroundings, on the English/Welsh border
- Following Cambridge curriculum, with high levels of academic success
- Founded upon high quality education, coupled with a strong commitment to extra curricular activities, sport and outdoor pursuits
- Students are encouraged to express themselves and be stars in as many ways as possible.
- Equally fine sporting and recreational facilities on a large campus, with an outstanding record of achievement in many sporting areas.
- A highly proactive and forward-thinking Principal, and professional, committed teaching staff
Why the Partnership?We have a shared sense of values. Both schools are very close in agreement and mindset in terms of what constitutes an outstanding school. Namely:
- A focus on the individual, and emphasis on individual performance. We identify and nurture childrens’ strengths.
- We want our children to reach the very best of their capabilities
- Our children will be engaged in everything they do in school
- We foster positive relative relations, between students, teachers and parents
- We encourage individuals to help each other
- We believe that confidence is the key to success
How will we be working together?Initially there will be three main areas of collaboration and cooperation:
- Sports Affiliation
Exchanging sporting skills such as rugby, swimming, tennis, squash, which entails Ellesmere and MGS exchanging sporting skills via an exchange of students and their related activities.
- Student exchange and staff immersion programmes
There will be student exchange programmes during the summer semester at Ellesmere, and staff placements between Ellesmere and Matrix Global Schools, for a staff immersion programme.
- Sharing of Matrix Global School’s Interactive Curriculum
MGS will be designing and producing a series of interactive programmes, using “Augmented Reality”, for key learning components in the Cambridge curriculum, and these will be shared with Ellesmere College. MGS will be one of the first